Learn How to (Help) Create Effective HR Visualisation and Dashboards
HR dashboards are a way of innovating HR departments and making them more “data-driven”. However, how can their efficiency be ensured when they are often created by analysts who lack the knowledge of HR and business context? The key role is played by the party ordering the dashboards, usually the HR manager, who should have a sufficient understanding of the whole process of creating efficient and useful dashboards.
If the issue of dashboard processing is relevant to you as well, you can visit our workshop on creating efficient HR data visualisations. Under the supervision of experienced experts, you will combine theory with practical tasks that you will perform on your own, and learn to use the processes necessary for preparing dashboards.
The content and the language of the training course will be adjusted to the needs of the participants. If English – speaking participants are enrolled for the course, it will be held in English. Training materials are processed only in English.
What can you expect?
- We will show you some interesting HR data visualisations for inspiration.
- We will revise the most important metrics relevant for the main HR processes.
- We will revise the basic principles of descriptive statistics, which is the basis of most dashboards.
- We will acquaint you with the theoretical as well as practical basis of visual literacy. You will learn about the logic of visual perception, how to apply its principles on data visualisation, and how to select various types of data visualisation with respect to its purpose.
- We will outline to you the whole process of visualisation. Specifically, we will focus on defining person and user stories, sketching, wireframe creation, and solution prototyping.
- Since data often represent the bottleneck of analytical projects, we will also pay attention to the ways in which your data analysts may define your requirements on data sources for the needs of your visualisation.
- We will introduce to you the most commonly used visualisation tools and we will advise you on how to select them.
- Based on the output of your own work, we will create a fully functional HR dashboard in the Tableau tool.
- We will advise you on how to practice and improve your newly acquired knowledge and skills.
What will you learn?
- You will try new approaches crucial for creating efficient and useful HR dashboards.
- You will find out the typical problems that you may encounter when creating HR dashboards, and learn how to prevent or solve them in practice.
- You will learn what areas you need to work on and improve.
If you would like to learn how to use the Tableau visualisation tool, which traditionally ranks in Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant” as the leader among BI platforms, then you might be interested in the visualisation part of our practical four-day course Data Science – Intermediate which has been designed specifically for such cases. On the last day of the training course, you will learn about the basis of visualisation in Tableau. If you wish to acquire advanced skills, we suggest you attend the course Data Visualisation – Advanced.
Eliška Valterová, Visual Analytics, Deloitte
Eliška is a top expert in the area of data visualisation, dashboard creation and business intelligence. She has more than six years of experience with projects in the area of e-commerce, marketing and finance.
Václav Plevka, Analytics Information Management, Deloitte
Václav is a data scientist having experience with the development and delivery of analytical solutions covering mathematical modelling, optimisation, predictive analytics and advanced visualisation. In the Automation and Information Management team, he is responsible for developing HR analytics.
Date: 22 July 2020, from 9 a.m. to 17 p.m.
Place: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague 2
Attendance fee: CZK 7,500 + 21% VAT, CZK 9,075 including VAT.
The course is a part of the Data Science Academy.