Learn to make data speak
We will teach you to efficiently deliver important information through data visualisation to a specific group of recipients and thus improve team and company management.
It does not matter what BI tool you are currently using for data visualisation – we will cover the principles of creation and presentation, not the technologies. You will try resolving the issues covered in practical exercises.
If you want to pursue the topic of data visualisation in more detail, with a higher number of practical exercises, we recommend choosing the following courses: "Basic Principles of Data Visualisation" and "Process of Dashboard Creation and Design".
What will you learn?
- How we perceive visual information (subconscious and conscious processing) and how to make use of it in data visualisation;
- How to proceed when searching for a suitable type of visualisation;
- How to avoid major mistakes;
- How to go about storytelling with data;
- Dashboard design tips;
- What skills and knowledge are necessary;
- How to proceed in selection of suitable tools;
- We will go through and test the process of creating data visualisation:
- How to get quality assignments;
- How to prepare wireframes or a prototype;
- How to create a data preparation assignment.
What will it look like?
- We will customise the content and language of the training to the participants’ needs. If English-speaking participants are enrolled, the training will be conducted in English. Training materials are prepared in English only.
- You do not need any previous knowledge or experience of working with BI tools.
- The course takes a total of 6 hoursand can be completed online or in-person.
- The online course takes place via Microsoft Teams and is divided into two days. There will be one three-hour lesson each day.
- The in-person session takes place in the Deloitte lecture room and is designed as a one-day course.
Eliška Valterová, Data Visualisation Designer and Tableau Consultant
Eliška helps clients improve their decision-making processes by creating data visualisations for them and helping them learn the principles of data visualisation. Her work combines the understanding of business needs, visual analytics, data visualisation, UX and data storytelling. She has more than 10 years of experience in projects across industries (banking, telecommunications, automotive, e-commerce, marketing, etc.). In addition to working as a designer and consultant, she also leads several courses focused on data visualisation and Tableau.
Date and time: 23. 6. 2022, from 9 am to 5 pm
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Praha 2
Registration fee: CZK 7 500 Kč + 21 % VAT, CZK 9 075 incl. VAT.