Learn how to make data talk and how to work with Tableau
Whether you are a beginner user or completely new to Tableau, this course will teach you how Tableau works, and you will learn all the necessary functions, from importing data to creating a final dashboard.
The app itself is not enough for high-quality data visualisation, and so we will teach you the principles and procedures to convey crucial information to a given audience using data effectively.
What will you learn?
From the basics of working in Tableau Desktop:
In the first part, we will go through the essentials of creating a dashboard
- How Tableau Desktop fits into the overall Tableau ecosystem
- Navigating the user interface and terminology (Data Pain, Shelves, Cards, View, etc.)
- Importing data
- Creating different types of graphs
- Putting together a dashboard from individual graphs
- Discovering different ways to save and share your work
In the second part, we will follow up with tricks that will make your work easier and more efficient
- Data types and aggregation
- Organisation, editing data fields
- Combination of different metrics in one View
- Characteristics and work with different Marks
- Working with filters and analytical functions
From the basics of data visualisation:
- How we perceive visual information (subconscious and conscious processing) and how to utilise it in data visualisation
- How to find an appropriate visualisation type
- How to avoid frequent mistakes
- How to do storytelling with data
- Tips for dashboard design
- We will go through the process of creating data visualisations and you will try it yourself
- How to get quality assignment specifications
- How to create wireframes or a prototype
- How to create an assignment for data preparation
What is the agenda?
- The course is 12 hours long in total.
- The course takes place in a training room at Deloitte and is planned as a two-day course.
- The course contents and language will be tailored to the participants. If English-speaking participants sign up, the course will be in English. Training materials are prepared in English only.
- You do not need any prior knowledge or experience with BI tools.
Eliška Valterová, Data Visualisation Designer and Tableau Consultant
Eliška helps clients improve their decision-making processes by creating data visualisations for them and helping them learn data visualisation principles. In her work, she brings together her understanding of business needs, visual analytics, data visualisation, UX and data storytelling. She has more than 10 years of experience in projects across various industries (banking, telecommunication, automotive, e-commerce, marketing, etc.). Apart from working as a designer and consultant, she also teaches several courses on data visualisation and Tableau.
Date: 28 - 29 July 2022, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague
Participation fee: CZK 13,000 + 21 % VAT, CZK 15,730 incl. VAT