Being able to work with data in an efficient way is one of the basic prerequisites for the success of every modern business. Would you like to learn how to create your own data models and turn them into nice interactive visualisations? Would you like to be able to analyse data from one or more data sources? Do you want to know how to share your work easily and cooperate online with your colleagues? In that case, the Power BI tool is a clear choice for you. Sign up for our courses and learn how to work with this cloud-based technology in an efficient way.
And now to the course Data management and data modelling in Power BI:
Do you want to know how to transform data and prepare them correctly and quickly for reports using Power Query? Take part in our course in which you can have a try at data management and data modelling as a BI/data analyst in the production company Adventure Work Cycles. Your task will be to design an efficient data solution including its optimisation and introduction for companies implementing Self-Service Business Intelligence – under the guidance of our experienced lecturers.
What will you learn?
- How to attach Excel documents, CSV files or how to connect to databases
- More about data modelling
- How to calculate using DAX in practice
This course is a follow-up to our previous course Basics of Power BI.However, it can be done individually as well. Compared to our previous course, it will be more technically oriented.
Content of the course:
- Data acquisition and data transformation
- Introduction to the Power Query editor
- Types of connectors in Power BI
- Basic table transformations
- Tools for work with texts, numbers and data
- Indices and contingent columns
- Grouping and data aggregation
- Pivoting and unpivoting
- Merging and appending
- Connecting to files
- Hierarchy and category definitions
- Creating a relational data model
- Database normalisation
- Factual vs. dimensional tables
- Creating relationships between tables
- Star vs. snowflake schemes
- Relationship cardinality
- Filtering and cross-filtering
- Adding calculated metrics using the DAX language
- Introduction to the DAX language
- Calculated columns vs. metrics
- Row context and filter context
- DAX syntax
- Basic functions
- CALCULATE, ALL and FILTER functions
- Functions using TIME Intelligence
How will the course be organised?
- The online course takes place on the Microsoft Teams platform and consists of two lessons (each of them is 3 hours long including the break).
- In case of a face-to-face training, the course will be held in the training room at Deloitte as a one-day event.
- The content and language of the training will be tailored to the needs of the participants. In case that English-speaking participants sign up, the course will be held in English. Training materials are available in English only.
Aneta Trepáková, BI Senior Consultant in the Deloitte AI & Data team
Aneta has more than 4 years of experience in the area of data analysis, reporting and visualisation using various tools. At Deloitte, she takes patronage over solutions requiring knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker. She focuses on the interconnection of different areas – data visualisation, data architecture, data management and business strategy – to achieve a data-driven concept for the clients.
Jakub Fabian, BI Solution Designer within Deloitte Central Europe
As a BI Solution Designer, Jakub contributes to the company transformation during the process of building Self-Service Business Intelligence approach. By creating interactive reports in the Power BI tool, he enables a large spectrum of users not only to understand data but also to work with them without any need of IT support.
Date: 19 November 2021, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague 2
Participation fee: CZK 7,500 + 21 % VAT, CZK 9,075 incl. VAT