Being able to work with data in an efficient way is one of the basic prerequisites for the success of every modern business. Would you like to learn how to create your own data models and turn them into nice interactive visualisations? Would you like to be able to analyse data from one or more data sources? Do you want to know how to share your work easily and cooperate online with your colleagues? In that case, the Power BI tool is a clear choice for you. Sign up for our courses and learn how to work with this cloud-based technology in an efficient way.
And now to the course Data visualisation in Power BI:
In order to understand the processed data, it is important to visualise them in a high-quality way to interpret the required information correctly. In our course, you can experience the role of a BI analyst in the production company Adventure Works Cycles. Your task will be to design and deliver a professional end-to-end reporting solution using only Power BI. During the whole course, our lecturers will be at your disposal to guide you through the design process and share their experience, tips and best practices.
This course is a follow-up to our previous course Basics of Power BI. However, it can be done individually as well. Compared to our previous course, it will be focused on visualisations.
Content of the course:
- Introduction to BI and data management
- Presentation of the data solution which will serve for the practical part of the reporting solution
- Data model in practice: data quality, data cleansing, transformations
- Pareto principle 80:20 for data vs. nice visuals
- Data visualisation in general – tips and tricks
- Design of interactive Power BI reports
- Introduction to Power BI Report View
- Adding charts to a report
- Formatting and filtering
- Slicers and time series
- Carts and KPI visuals
- Treemaps, tachometers
- Editing interactions in report
- Adding drillthrough filters
- Role creation and administration
How will the course be organised?
- The online course takes place on the Microsoft Teams platform and consists of two lessons (each of them is 3 hours long including the break).
- In case of a face-to-face training, the course will be held in the training room at Deloitte as a one-day event.
- The content and language of the training will be tailored to the needs of the participants. In case that English-speaking participants sign up, the course will be held in English. Training materials are available in English only.
Aneta Trepáková, BI Senior Consultant in the Deloitte AI & Data team
Aneta has more than 4 years of experience in the area of data analysis, reporting and visualisation using various tools. At Deloitte, she takes patronage over solutions requiring knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker. She focuses on the interconnection of different areas – data visualisation, data architecture, data management and business strategy – to achieve a data-driven concept for the clients.
Jakub Fabian, BI Solution Designer within Deloitte Central Europe
As a BI Solution Designer, Jakub contributes to the company transformation during the process of building Self-Service Business Intelligence approach. By creating interactive reports in the Power BI tool, he enables a large spectrum of users not only to understand data but also to work with them without any need of IT support.
Date: 3 December 2021, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague 2
Participation fee: CZK 7,500 + 21 % VAT, CZK 9,075 incl. VAT