Improve your SQL knowledge at our Bootcamp
In today’s world of data and business analytics, the knowledge of SQL is a prerequisite for success. Keep pace with the times and learn this query language as well!
Does your company manage a large amount of data, but most of your work still includes basic operations in Excel? Would you like to move to more advanced data analytics and do not know where to begin? Would you like to learn and acquire new skills that will make your work more efficient? If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, then our SQL Bootcamp is designed for you!
SQL Bootcamp will be appreciated by anyone who wants to take their technological skills to the next level and truly master SQL. The course has no prerequisites and is thus intended for people with no prior experience as well as for those who have already dabbled in the field of databases and SQL. The acquired knowledge will be primarily beneficial for those working on or aspiring for the position of data or business analyst.
What will you learn at the course?
- You will learn what a relational database is and what rules apply when designing it.
- You will find out what data is from the perspective of relational databases.
- You will learn to write effective, readable database queries using SQL. In queries, you will use both basic and more advanced constructs, such as hierarchical queries, windowing, and more complicated features.
- You will gain a wealth of key knowledge and skills for handling data requests.
- You will learn in general how to search for relevant text in text boxes using regular expressions, which are a prerequisite for the use of NLP methods.
- You will understand the basic methods for SQL code optimisation.
- Finally, you will receive the Deloitte Data Science Academy certificate.
How will the course take place?
- Over the course of two weeks, four teaching days will take place.
- Time will be evenly divided between theoretical lectures and practical exercises.
- You will be working with a user-friendly platform Keboola in the database system Snowflake; however, you will be able to apply most of the acquired knowledge in the most commonly used database environments.
- You will be able to consult with the lecturers as needed.
- At the end of the course, there will be a test to evaluate the acquired knowledge.
- The training takes place in Czech or English, depending on the participants. Training materials are in English.
Aneta Trepáková, BI Senior Consultant in the Deloitte AI & Data team
Aneta has more than 4 years of experience in the area of data analysis, reporting and visualisation using various tools. At Deloitte, she takes patronage over solutions requiring knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Google Looker. She focuses on the interconnection of different areas – data visualisation, data architecture, data management and business strategy – to achieve a data-driven concept for the clients.
Zuzana Šumajová, Analytics & Information Management, Deloitte
Expert in data processing, data analysis, data quality and visualization. She has experience from a number of projects in the areas of banking, pharmacy, e-commerce and services.
Date and time: 4 lessons: 28.4., 29.4. and 5.5., 6.5.2022 from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Praha 2
Registration fee: CZK 17 000 + 21 % VAT, CZK 20 570 incl. VAT.
Deloitte will provide the data infrastructure; training participants only need their laptop on which they will process the specified tasks.