Learn how to create data visualisations like a professional
You will go through the theory and practice of the dashboard creation process, from obtaining a quality assignment to implementation. We will teach you to use storytelling in data visualisation and practical procedures for dashboard design. It does not matter what BI tool you are currently using for data visualisation – we will cover the principles of creation and presentation, not the technologies.
What will you learn?
- How to do storytelling with data;
- Dashboard design tips;
- Tips for useful tools and other resources;
- During the course, you will try the process yourself and create your own visualisation.
- We will go through the process of creating data visualisation:
- How to get quality assignments;
- How to prepare wireframes or a prototype;
- How to make an assignment for data preparation;
- How to proceed with implementation;
What will it look like?
- We will customise the content and language of the training to the participants’ needs. If English-speaking participants are enrolled, the training will be conducted in English. Training materials are prepared in English only.
- This course is a follow-up to the "Basic Principles of Data Visualisation" course. We therefore recommend that you first learn the basics in the scope of this course.
- The course takes a total of 6 hours and can be completed online or in-person.
- The online course takes place via Microsoft Teams and is divided into two days. There will be one three-hour lesson each day.
- The in-person session takes place in the Deloitte lecture room and is designed as a one-day course.
Eliška Valterová, Data Visualisation Designer and Tableau Consultant
Eliška helps clients improve their decision-making processes by creating data visualisations for them and helping them learn the principles of data visualisation. Her work combines the understanding of business needs, visual analytics, data visualisation, UX and data storytelling. She has more than 10 years of experience in projects across industries (banking, telecommunications, automotive, e-commerce, marketing, etc.). In addition to working as a designer and consultant, she also leads several courses focused on data visualisation and Tableau.
Date and time: 12. 5. and 13. 5. 2022, from 9 am to 12 pm
Registration fee: CZK 5 500 + 21 % VAT, CZK 6 655 incl. VAT.