How to effectively apply SAFe® principles and ensure cooperation among agile teams.
This training prepares you to be a Scrum Master, whose role is primarily to manage and coach agile teams and programmes and ensure successful SAFe® implementation. You will learn how to foster interactions between teams and improve the functioning of an agile programme.
The training extends the Scrum paradigm by:
- introducing scaling and DevOps ideas into the practices and procedures of agile teams;
- using Kanban to support the flow of value;
- supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other important stakeholders in a broader programmatic and company-wide context.
The course will also expand your knowledge of tools and methods for building high-performance teams and provide you with tips on how to deal with some agile anti-patterns.
Organisation of training:
A SAFe® Programme Consultant (SPC) certified by Scaled Agile, Inc. will guide you through the course.
The course is interactive, combining official SAFe® training materials, hands-on exercises and sharing the lecturer’s real-world experience with implementing SAFe® principles in large companies operating in the Czech Republic.
Participation in the course entitles you to take the globally recognised SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam. The course fee covers one attempt to pass the exam.
Passing the certification exam should take place online within 30 calendar days of completing the course.
Day 1: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The role of the Scrum Master in the context of SAFe®
- Challenges for the Scrum Master in a company-wide context
- Purpose and basic design of SAFe®
- Scrum Master in the context of SAFe®
- Applying SAFe® principles
- SAFe® principles from the perspective of the Scrum Master
- Agile and scrum anti-patterns
- Anti-patterns associated with the Product Owner role
- Anti-patterns related to User Stories and Tasks
- Facilitating programme execution
- Functioning of the Agile Release Train
- Organising teams around the value stream
- Programme increment planning
- Executing programme increment
- Enabling teams to release value on demand
- Preparation for the next PI Planning
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Build your own Kanban board
- Flow measurement and optimisation
- Built-in quality
- Facilitate collaboration with architects, System Team and operations
- Building high-performance teams
- Support team collaboration
- Facilitating collaboration between teams
- Building trust with key stakeholders
- Developing team skills
- Creating a plan for improvement
- Improving programme performance
- Inspect and Adapt ceremonies
- Problem-solving workshop
- Preparing for the certification exam
Who is the course for:
SAFe® training is designed for:
- existing Scrum Masters;
- team leaders, project managers and others taking on the role of agile team facilitators in the context of SAFe®;
- managers responsible for implementing agile principles and coaching teams;
- agile coaches;
- agile programme managers;
- potential SAFe® Release Train Engineers.
Milan Drbohlav, Senior Consultant, Agile Coach
Milan is a skilled professional with experience in agile organisation implementation and agile transformation from various industries including automotive and banking.
He has over seven years of experience implementing agile principles in large global companies, working on transformation from project to product management as well as scaling agile principles at both
the programme and portfolio level.
Date and time: 26. and 27. 10. 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague
Registration fee: CZK 27 000 + 21 % VAT, CZK 32 670 incl. VAT