Learn how to perform the role of Scrum Master in the context of the whole company.
In this training, we will introduce you to the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe® organisation. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training, which focuses on the fundamentals of Scrum at the team level, this course covers the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire organisation. You will learn how to plan and execute Program Increment (PI), which is the primary tool in SAFe® used to ensure alignment at all levels of the SAFe® organisation.
Organisation of training:
A SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certified by Scaled Agile, Inc. will guide you through the course.
The course is interactive, combining official SAFe® training materials, hands-on exercises and sharing the lecturer’s real-world experience with implementing SAFe® principles in large companies operating in the Czech Republic.
Participation in the course entitles you to take the globally recognised SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam. The course fee covers one attempt to pass the exam.
Passing the certification exam should take place online within 30 calendar days of completing the course.
Day 1: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Scrum in the context of SAFe®
- Basic concepts of agile development
- Scrum fundamentals
- Agile team in a SAFe® company
- Characteristics of the Scrum Master role
- Responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- High-Performance Teams
- Team ceremonies
- Coaching agile teams with "powerful questions"
- Collaborating with other teams
- Resolving team conflict
- PI Planning
- PI Planning ceremony basics
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- PI Planning Experience
- Draft version of PI plans
- Final plans and business value
- Review of final plans and PI objectives
- PI Planning Facilitation
- Facilitation during iteration
- Iteration Planning
- Monitoring the progress of the iteration
- Backlog Refinement
- Iteration Review Facilitation
- Continuous improvement facilitation
- Support DevOps and release on demand
- PI termination
- Coaching IP iteration
- Preparing the team for the Inspect and Adapt ceremony
- Preparing for the certification exam
Who is the course for:
SAFe® training is designed especially for:
- new Scrum Masters who need to perform this role;
- existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of SAFe® and the company;
- team leaders who want to understand the role of a Scrum Master;
- SAFe® Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters.
Milan Drbohlav, Senior Consultant, Agile Coach
Milan is a skilled professional with experience in agile organisation implementation and agile transformation from various industries including automotive and banking.
He has over seven years of experience implementing agile principles in large global companies, working on transformation from project to product management as well as scaling agile principles at both
the programme and portfolio level.
Date and time: 15. and 16. 11. 2022, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Venue: Deloitte, Churchill I, Italská 2581/67, Prague
Registration fee: CZK 27 000 + 21 % VAT, CZK 32 670 incl. VAT