The European Union’s Foreign Subsidies Regulation (FSR) entered into force in January 2023 and gave the European Commission the power to investigate subsidies granted by non-EU governments to companies active in the EU and correct possible harmful effects they may have on the EU market.
The new rules impose severe reporting requirements on the companies entering M&A transactions or participating in large-scale procurement procedures in the EU. They also give the European Commission the right to review on its own initiative any other market situations where foreign subsidies might undermine the level playing field in the internal market.
Are companies ready for the notification obligations which will be effective as of 12 October 2023?
Please join us on 19 September 2023 at 10:00 a.m. CET for a webinar, where we will discuss:
- Overview of the FSR framework
- New reporting obligations and related challenges
- Brief overview of review procedures and likely focus of EC investigations
- Impact in case of non-compliance
- Practical view on how to prepare for FSR compliance and manage FSR-related risks.
Kai Struckmann – Leader of Deloitte EU Law and State Aid Center of Excellence
Katarzyna Berestecka – Senior Managing Associate, Deloitte EU Law and State Aid Center of Excellence
Following inputting your information in the registration form and submitting it, a confirmation email will be sent to your mailbox, providing the calendar placeholder with Zoom link.
- Double click on the “invite.ics” attachment
- Click Yes when it asks “Add this internet Calendar to Outlook?”
- Click “Accept”. The Zoom link will now appear in your calendar on 19 September 2023
- In the text of your confirmation email, click on “Add to Calendar”
- Click on “Open’’ and the Outlook placeholder for 19 September will pop up
- Click on “Save & Close’’
- The Zoom link will now appear in your calendar on 19 September 2023.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This webinar will be recorded. An audio and/or visual warning will be provided when you join a recorded meeting. A warning will also be provided if recording commences after you have joined the meeting. If you continue to participate in the meeting following these warnings, your participation will serve as your express consent to such recording.
The event is not intended for advisors and employees of companies engaged in advisory services. Deloitte reserves the right to create the list of participants.