IT Asset Management practices ("ITAM"), with the particular focus on the software part of IT assets, have gained broader attention of CIOs and IT Directors in the Central Europe over recent years.
Hardware and software purchases typically make up 25-30% of an organisation’s IT budget. Often a significant percentage of this budget is spent on unused licenses, services and/or support. Vendor audits further increase the stake, resulting in unexpected budget growth required to comply with the audit conclusions indicating the need to buy missing licenses.
While the expected cost savings (and cost avoidance) as well as risk mitigation related to license compliance reviews are the key factors driving the implementation of ITAM practices (getting talent, tools and processes in place), there is much more the programme can offer to any organisation. A well-defined and governed ITAM provides benefits to many business stakeholders and helps to streamline firm’s operations.
What will you learn?
During the webinar, Deloitte's experts will seek answers to the following questions:
- What is the Value Proposition of IT Asset Management and how can it be leveraged by organisations?
- Where to start from in the field of IT Asset Management?
- Why may it be important to act now on ITAM, even if my license compliance has never been verified by a vendor?
- What ITAM operating models can be adopted by an organization depending on its size?
- Should I buy an ITAM tool? When?
- How does the future of ITAM may look like considering the changing landscape of IT assets, especially following the introduction of Cloud?
Why is it worth it?
Deloitte experts will share their personal experience gained in the course of many license compliance reviews and advisory projects that included ITAM Programme implementation and comprised tools, processes and training of the SAM personnel. We will discuss the practical aspect of ITAM and illustrate the discussion using examples derived from our previous engagement and Client stories.
Who is this webinar for?
We invite all CIOs, IT Directors, IT Leaders and enthusiasts who would like to better understand Software Asset Management and its value proposition, as well as to learn how their organisations can benefit from its implementation and where to start from.
- Bartosz Rychlewski - Senior Manager | Extended Enterprise
- Piotr Polak - Senior Manager | Extended Enterprise
The event is not intended for advisors and employees of companies engaged in advisory services. Deloitte reserves the right to create the list of participants.