Get a comprehensive A to Z overview of Power BI and prepare yourself for the role of an advanced data analyst! In our course, we will guide you through all aspects of data visualisation using the Microsoft tool. Successful participants will receive a certificate of completion and become ready for the official Microsoft certification exam - PL300 Power BI Certified Data Analyst.
The course will teach you to:
- Upload data from various sources (Excel, CSV, Web, SharePoint, SQL Server, cloud databases) using basic and advanced techniques
- Transform data using the low-code Power Query tool
- Create a data model, maintain it, and check its logic
- Write dynamic metrics using the DAX language
- Control all visualisation techniques in Power BI
- Manage a BI platform in the Power BI Service, share data in different ways, properly secure it, and many other up-to-date and useful techniques offered by Power BI
The course is designed on the basis of a case study based on realistic data of a fictitious company. Therefore, all the work we will cover during the course will be immediately applicable in the real world. At the end of the course, you will have your own Business Intelligence Portal available consisting of a complete data pipeline (data extraction and transformation - creating a data model - creating the first visualisation - sharing reporting with users - scaling and automating reporting).
The course will also include two scored homework assignments, that are a prerequisite for obtaining a certificate of completion of the course.
Who is the course designed for?
- Analysts and managers who would like to create automated interactive reports and dashboards
- Data scientists and statisticians who would like to use Power BI to make their model visualisation more attractive
- IT professionals who need to automate their reporting processes
- Financial analysts, accountants, and controllers who handle reporting in their company and would like to simplify and automate their work
- Marketing experts who want to gain better insight into customer data
- Management, finance, economics, and computer science students who would like to add Power BI to their technology stack
Basic experience with data analysis and understanding of data concepts (statistical concepts such as sum, count, average, maximum, minimum), knowledge of tables and graphs, and basic experience in spreadsheet tools such as Microsoft Excel is necessary for successful completion of the course.
Two homework assignments will be given during the course and will be reviewed and commented on by the instructor.
Time will also be set aside during lectures for participants’ questions on topics outside the syllabus.
- Introduction to Power BI - an overview of functionalities and scenarios where Power BI can prove useful. Comparison with competing tools
- Data upload and transformation in Power Query
- Data modelling and introduction to the DAX language
- Data visualisation and reporting
- Power BI Service - licensing, sharing, security – homework assignment #1
- Review #1, best practices, tips and tricks, feedback session on the first part, Q&A, and potential modification of the content of the second part
- Advanced techniques in Power Query - parameters, M language, query folding...
- Advanced DAX - CALCULATE, Calculated Tables, Filter Context, Row Context, Context Transition
- Advanced visualisation techniques - dynamic texts, AI visualisation, use of HTML code, working with maps
- Advanced Power BI Service - development pipelines, data gateways, Power BI Metrics, dataflows, datamarts, content sharing automation, self-service BI portal
- Data storytelling - how to build effective visualisations
- Review #2, best practices, feedback session on the first part, Q&A, and potential modification of the content of the second part - homework assignment #2
Jakub Fabian, PBI Expert, Deloitte
Jakub is an experienced Power BI expert. His portfolio includes visualisation projects as well as large-scale data integration and BI portal implementations on the Power BI platform. Jakub has six years of experience in Business Intelligence and has lectured more than a dozen training courses with hundreds of successful graduates.
Dates: 27/6, 29/6, 3/7, 4/7, 11/7, 13/7, 18/7, 20/7, 25/7, 27/7, 1/8, 3/8
Number of Lessons: 12
Length of Lesson: 90 minutes
Form of Training: Individual lessons will be taught online via the Zoom app. Lessons will take place in the afternoon from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. All lessons will be recorded and will be available to you as a reference during the class, but also as materials that you can refer back to at any time.
Participation Fee: CZK 18,000 without VAT, CZK 21 780,00 incl. VAT